Friday 13 July 2012

Birthdays Galore!

Uh oh! I am posting 19min too late!

That's alright. I'm excited to be back!

Well *today* was Friday, July 13th. It was a fabulous day, contrary to popular suspicions. But not only was it a great day for me, but it was a fantastic day for the Congo!
 
Today was Kambale Musavuli's birthday! Now if you need a refresher, he is the social activist/inspiration that led to our class's projects. Check out our previous posts for more information on him!

He had one very important wish - he says "My Birthday Wish is in honour of the courageous youth activists in Congo fighting for change." He is trying to raise $3 100, asking for donations of $31 each.

You can check it out here!

Now Kambale isn't the inspiration whose birthday is today. I am 98% sure that it is Mrs. Shepherd's birthday as well!

She is the one who educated us about the Congo, and kick-started our social activism groups. Our class concentrated on this competency to the point where it grew feet of its own! I think it became less of an assignment and more of a meaningful project.

So I would like to wish a very splendid birthday to those two amazing people! You guys are absolutely fantastic!


"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."- Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? Comments are always appreciated!